Deductive reasoning: The sum of the parts is MORE than just some of its parts!
THE MAJOR PREMISE
A Universal Intelligence is in all matter and continually gives to it all its properties and actions, thus maintaining it in existence.
THE SECONDARY PRINCIPLES
- The expression of this intelligence through matter is the chiropractic meaning of life.
- Life is a Triune having three necessary united factors, namely, Intelligence, Force and Matter.
- In order to have 100% Life, there must be 100% Intelligence, 100% Force, 100% Matter.
- A living thing has an inborn intelligence within its body, called Innate Intelligence.
- The mission of Innate Intelligence is to maintain the material of the body in active organization.
- There is 100% of Innate Intelligence in every living thing, the required amount, proportional to its organization. The amount of force created by intelligence is always 100%.
- The function of Innate Intelligence is to adapt universal forces and matter for use in the body, so that all parts of the body will have coordinated action for mutual benefit.
- Innate Intelligence adapts forces and matter for the body, but is limited by the limitations of matter.
- The forces of Innate Intelligence never injure or destroy the structures in which they work.
- The forces of Innate Intelligence operate through or over the nervous system in animal bodies.
- There can be interference with the transmission of Innate Forces.
- Interference with the transmission of Innate forces causes dis-ease.
- Interference with the transmission in the body can be caused directly or indirectly by subluxations in the spinal column.
Chiropractic has many basic principles upon which all its philosophy, art, and science is based. The ones listed here are some of the most important ones which have guided the profession since its earliest development. Many of them are only now being accepted by other sciences ... others are almost universally accepted.
These principles follow a simple progression of deductive logic. If you accept the major premise, the other principles fall into place almost automatically.